What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns, often known as porcelain crowns, are a coat that covers the visible area of the tooth. The form of each crown is determined by the original tooth. The benefit of porcelain crowns over metal-based crowns is an aesthetic component, since the replacement appears like the original, which is significant if you obtain the crown for your front teeth.
Why are dental crowns needed?
You may want to consider a porcelain crown if you:
- Have you recently had a dental injury? Would you want to prevent a weak tooth from fracture or fix a cracked, worn-out tooth?
- An anchor is required for a dental bridge to keep it in place.
- Want to reshape a crooked tooth, to enhance your smile
- To cover and support the teeth by replacing a filling that has gone loose or dropped out.
- Have been treated with a root canal treatment.
Porcelain crowns’ role is to protect the tooth while also enhancing the strength and durability of an existing tooth.
See more: Porcelain veneers
What are dental veneers?
Dental eneers are thin caps that adhere to the front of your natural teeth to improve their appearance. Consider them clip-on nails or false nails for your teeth. Dental veneers are typically constructed of porcelain or a composite bonding material. Dental veneers are just one method for improving the appearance of your teeth.
Why are dental veneers needed?
Dental veneers can address multiple cosmetic issues with a single treatment. Veneers can be used to correct discolorations, unevenly shaped or sized teeth, crooked or overlapping teeth, damaged teeth, and gaps between teeth. This not only saves you the hassle of multiple dental procedures, but it also saves you a lot of time and money.
What Is Zirconia?
Zirconia is a white solid ceramic glaze and one of several newer materials that combine metal’s strength with the aesthetic, tooth-like appeal of porcelain.If you want a long-lasting veneer treatment, zirconia veneers will be one of the best solutions for you.
Advantages of Zirconia crowns
Zirconia is a white solid ceramic glaze that combines the strength of metal with the aesthetic, tooth-like appeal of porcelain. And zirconia crowns are constantly being improved to enhance their performance.
- They’re durable: One of the most significant benefits of zirconia is its strength and durability. Consider how much force your back teeth exert on the food you’re chewing.Zirconia may be a good choice for crowns in the back of your mouth because it is a strong material. Furthermore, because zirconia is so strong, your dentist will not have to prepare your tooth as much.
- Zirconia is biocompatible: Many dentists prefer zirconia because of its biocompatibility, which means it is less likely to cause the body to produce a reaction or immunological response such as inflammation. A 2016 in vitro studyTrusted Source confirms this, and it also found only a limited amount of cytotoxicity.
- They can be shaped in the dentist’s office and need less preparation than other materials, meaning you can be fitted for your crown and have it placed in one appointment.
- Zirconia can be layered with porcelain for an even more tooth-like aesthetic.
- They can be shaped in the dentist’s office and require less preparation than other materials, allowing you to be fitted and have your crown placed in a single appointment.
Disadvantages of Zirconia crowns
Getting a zirconia crown, like many other dental procedures, can have some drawbacks.
- Can be hard to match: One disadvantage of a zirconia crown is that it is opaque, which can make it appear less natural. This is especially true for monolithic zirconia crowns, which are made entirely of zirconia, though it may be less of an issue for back teeth.
Zirconia crowns can fail if not prepped correctly. Not all dentists are trained properly in preparing the tooth for a zirconia crown. And not all zirconia is created equal. The formulation of some zirconia may not be as strong as it should be.
- Potential wear on other teeth: Although one of the many advantages of zirconia is its strength, there are times when a tooth can be a little too strong. For example, if your dentist needs to adjust your crown to even out your bite or file the crown because it’s causing damage to a real tooth, the strength of zirconia could be considered a disadvantage.
Zirconia veneers’ advantages
- Resistance to fatigue: They are not easily broken.Zirconia veneers are made of zirconia oxide, a ceramic material well-known for its hardness and durability. It has very high fracture toughness, high hardness and density, and excellent wear resistance.
- Withstand chewing: It can be used even for your back teeth because it can withstand heavy chewing and grinding. Our teeth often take a beating from chewing tough food, staining, and many more. That’s why they should be dependable enough to withstand chipping, cracking, and other types of damage. The good news is that Zirconia veneers are made of a hard-wearing and resilient material that can withstand inevitable damage from long-term use.
- They look completely natural and blend in with the rest of your teeth. Zirconia veneers are also preferred by many patients, not just for the durability it brings, but also for their ability to mimic the look of natural teeth. The veneers can be as thin and translucent as real teeth, and there are also a wide array of shades for you to choose from. You can rock those pearly whites or opt for a more natural appearance.
- In comparison to other veneers with metal supports, zirconia veneers are lighter.
- Improved stain resistance: Can withstand stains from tea, coffee, and even nicotine.
- There is no metal taste: They don’t give you that strange metallic taste in your mouth. One of the advantages of zirconia is its biocompatibility. This type of veneer doesn’t make use of metal components. This means that it’s highly compatible with your body and is less likely to cause allergic reactions. It also has a smaller chance of causing reactions such as inflammation, swelling, bleeding, etc. Zirconia won’t react to the chemicals in your mouth and doesn’t produce a metallic aftertaste.
- The outside is smooth: This means that your surrounding teeth and gums will experience little to no abrasion.
- Unrivaled comfort: They are so comfortable that you will forget they are there.
- Can Be Done In A Short Time: While there are numerous treatments available to help improve your smile, many patients prefer zirconia veneers because they provide immediate results. The laboratory should complete your veneers in seven to fourteen days. In the meantime, your doctor will cover your teeth with temporary veneers. You will be asked to return to the clinic for the final fitting and checking once the final veneers are ready.
Zirconia veneers’ disadvantages
- Zirconia veneers can fail if not prepared correctly. Not all dentists are trained properly in preparing the tooth for a zirconia veneer. And not all zirconia is created equal. The formulation of some zirconia may not be as strong as it should be.
- Potential wear on other teeth: Although one of the many advantages of zirconia is its strength, there are times when a tooth can be a little too strong. For example, if your dentist needs to adjust your veneers to even out your bite, it can cause damage to a real tooth, the strength of zirconia could be considered a disadvantage.
- Pricey: Since the procedure requires high precision and expertise, zirconia veneers are pricier than other types of veneers.
Does It Hurt to Get Zirconia Crowns/Veneers?
You can improve your smile by getting a dental crown/veneer. You may be wondering, however, if getting one will be painful. The answer is that it can be a little uncomfortable for patients at times. The good news is that thanks to modern dental advances, any discomfort is minimized.
Vietnam’s Best Dental Clinic for zirconia crowns/veneers
BeDental will be the best choice for those who want to experience the top-notch facilities and qualified dentist.
After a short period of operation, the center quickly established itself as a popular destination for dental treatments and a leader in the area of dentistry. BeDental is set to become the top dentistry facility in Vietnam, thanks to highly qualified dental specialists, cutting-edge technology, and cutting-edge equipment such as a 3D Scan CT scanner, Panorama and Cephalo X-ray machines, a laser teeth whitening system, and so on. BeDental was established with the mission “Sow smile, spread success”, and believe that everyone deserves to have a charming and confident smile. That’s why Be tried their best to solve the dental problems or obstacles that hide your stunning smile.
In reality, expenses are variable and rely on a variety of factors in a dental office, such as region, facilities, staff, service quality, brand awareness, technology, and so on. BeDental has revised their price list as our facilities and technologies have improved over the last ten years of growth and development. They make certain that their fees are affordable and flexible to a variety of financial conditions.
Dental services Price list at Bedental
Here is dental services price list at BeDental
Over 10,000 patients from overseas chose Bedental last year because we provide premium quality dental care at affordable fees and prices.
We do not provide the cheapest dental works in Vietnam as premium dental works cannot be offered at cheap price.
However, compared to the prices of dentists in the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand….. you can expect to save up to 70% of the cost of dental treatments while getting the same level of quality. All products, materials and equipment are manufactured in the US, Japan or Europe. All of them are FDA and CE safety regulation compliant.
Cost of zirconia crowns/veneers
|Non-removable denture :|
|Porcelain teeth backed with metal (See more..)|
|PH08||Porcelain teeth backed with metal (Ni,Cr)||1.000.000|
|PH09||Porcelain teeth backed with metal Vivadent France (Cr,Co)||1.200.000|
|PH10||Porcelain teeth backed with metal Jelenko USD (Cr,Co)||1.500.000|
|PH11||Porcelain teeth backed with titanium||2.500.000|
|Non-metal Teeth: (See more)|
|PH20||Porcelain Veneer Katana from Japan (7-year warranty)||2.900.000|
|PH19||Porcelain Veneer Venus from Germany (7-year warranty) (See more..)||3.500.000|
|PH12||Porcelain Veneer Roland from Germany (10-year warranty) (See more…)||4.500.000|
|PH13||Porcelain Veneer Roland HD from Germany (10-year warranty) (See more…)||5.500.000|
|PH14||Porcelain Veneer Ceramil from Germany (10-year warranty) (See more…)||6.000.000|
|PH15||Porcelain Veneer Emax from Germany (15-year warranty)||7.000.000|
|PH13-1||Porcelain Veneer Htsmile from Germany (15-year warranty) (See more…)||7.000.000|
|PH15-1||Porcelain Veneer Emax press from Germany (15-year warranty) (See more…)||8.000.000|
|PH15-2||Porcelain Veneer Cercon from Germany (15-year warranty) (See more…)||7.000.000|
|PH16||Porcelain Veneer Nacera from Germany (10-year warranty)||7.000.000|
|PH17||Porcelain Veneer Lava 3M Plus from USA (15-year warranty) (See more…)||8.000.000|
|PH21||Porcelain Veneer 3M Lava Esthetic from USA ( 15-year warranty)||11.000.000|
|PH22||Porcelain Veneer Lisi from Japan ( 15-year warranty) (See more…)||11.000.000|
|PH18||Porcelain Veneer Diamond from USA ( Lifetime guarantee)||16.000.000|
Below is an article that Lang moi shares for you, if you have any questions that need to be answered, don’t hesitate to contact us!
CS1: 7 Thi Sách, Ngô Thì Nhậm, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội - 0934.61.9090
CS2: 98C Chiến Thắng, Văn Quán, Hà Đông - 0934.61.9090
CHI NHÁNH TP.HỒ CHÍ MINH (HCM)
56 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Đa Kao, Quận 1, Tp.Hồ Chí Minh - 0766.00.8080
GIỜ HOẠT ĐỘNG:
09h00 – 21h00. Tất cả các ngày trong tuần